[tor-dev] Fw: curvecpclient+curvecpserver alpha test

Robert Ransom rransom.8774 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 03:24:30 UTC 2011

See below.

Robert Ransom

Begin forwarded message:

Date: 21 Feb 2011 02:51:21 -0000
From: "D. J. Bernstein" <djb at cr.yp.to>
To: curvecp at list.cr.yp.to
Subject: curvecpclient+curvecpserver alpha test

Hi everybody,

I've posted information about CurveCP at http://curvecp.org; and today's
release of NaCl includes command-line curvecpclient and curvecpserver
tools. There are many reasons that this curvecpclient+curvecpserver
software isn't ready for users yet---among other things,

   * the software hasn't gone through anywhere near my usual levels of
     testing and security review;
   * the software prioritizes simplicity over efficiency in several
     ways, missing some of the speed that CurveCP can provide; and
   * the software handles only CurveCP, without HTTPCurve, SMTPCurve,
     etc.

---but if you're a programmer interested in CurveCP then I think this
software is a reasonable starting point for experimentation and further
development.

---D. J. Bernstein
   Research Professor, Computer Science, University of Illinois at Chicago