[tor-dev] Thoughts on https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/dev/SupportPolicy

andrew at torproject.org andrew at torproject.org
Mon Feb 21 02:39:59 UTC 2011

On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 06:29:55PM -0800, shamrock at cypherpunks.to wrote 3.6K bytes in 74 lines about:
: Either way, even more core to my advice than which particular OS
: versions to support (the one area where any dichotomy between open
: source and the commercial world may or may not come in) was my point
: that Tor needs a written and published OS support policy, agreed-upon by
: the Tor team. Whichever version support policy the Tor team may arrive
: at and for whatever reasons. And whether or not the Tor team takes my
: advice as to which particular versions to support.

We attempted to have a discussion about this over the past few days. I
think our best option, for now, is to simply state what we can build
ourselves, make these OSes our supported OSes, and encourage others to
make their own builds if their favorite OS is not officially supported.

--
Andrew
pgp key: 0x74ED336B