Proposal: Separate streams across circuits by destination port or destination host

Linus Nordberg linus at nordberg.se
Fri Jul 23 19:09:12 UTC 2010

Jacob Appelbaum <jacob at appelbaum.net> wrote
Fri, 23 Jul 2010 17:03:09 +0200:

| Filename: 171-separate-streams-by-port-or-host.txt

1. Is 'connections' a well established term here?  I'm thinking TCP
   connection but that clearly doesn't make sense in a UDP context, such
   as DNS.  One could use 'packet' in one way or another instead, I
   guess.

2. >IsolateStreamsByPort will take a list of ports or optionally the
   >keyword 'All' in place of a port list. The use of the keyword 'All'
   >will ensure that all connections attached to streams will be
   >isolated to separate circuits by port number.

   Just to make it clear, would a packet sent to hostA:port1 end up
   on the same circuit as one sent to hostB:port1?

3. If 2 says yes, would this turn into a no if IsolateStreamsByHost was
   enabled?

4.