[or-cvs] r13656: Note a couple of items for backport in TODO.012, including (in tor/branches/tor-0_1_2-patches: . doc)

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Fri Feb 22 14:44:50 UTC 2008

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 10:41:14AM -0500, nickm at seul.org wrote:
> +  - r13372: Don't use ourselves as intro point, rend point, or final hop
> +    for internal circuits.
>    - r13532: Drop tor_strpartition().
> +  - r13643: reset timeout when flushing final bytes from a connection.
> +  - r13655: avoid flush on connection closed because of bug.
>  Backport for 0.1.2.x once better tested:
> +  - r13647: Make "trackhostexits ." work

None of these look like critical bugfixes. More generally, it looks like
we're switching towards a backport policy of "if it isn't too complex
and it might help", which is different from our earlier policy of "if
it's a really big deal and it looks like it won't break anything".

I think the stable users will be fine without most of these changes.
It's easy to fall into the trap of actively maintaining two versions at
once; but imo we don't have the developer-power to do that.

--Roger