[or-cvs] r13688: Servers that don't know their own IP address should go to th (in tor/trunk: . src/or)

Robert Hogan robert at roberthogan.net
Sun Feb 24 11:49:24 UTC 2008

On Saturday 23 February 2008 23:39:16 arma at seul.org wrote:
> Author: arma
> Date: 2008-02-23 18:39:16 -0500 (Sat, 23 Feb 2008)
> New Revision: 13688
>
> Modified:
>    tor/trunk/ChangeLog
>    tor/trunk/src/or/dirserv.c
>    tor/trunk/src/or/router.c
> Log:
> Servers that don't know their own IP address should go to the
> authorities for their first directory fetch, even if their DirPort
> is off or if they don't know they're reachable yet. This will help
> them bootstrap better. Bugfix on 0.2.0.18-alpha; fixes bug 609.

I encountered this bug while trying to get 'getinfo extra-info/digest/X' to
work for my own server's extra-info digest.

The attached fixes 2 things:

1. Though it shouldn't happen now that desc_routerinfo is properly created,
adding a null &(router_get_my_routerinfo()->cache_info) in
dirserv_get_routerdescs causes a segfault later on in getinfo_helper_dir.

2. If the requested extra-info is for our own server, supply it every time: it
isn't always retrievable by extrainfo_get_by_descriptor_digest.