STREAM_PORT Controller Event

Nick Mathewson nickm at freehaven.net
Sun Jun 17 15:13:28 UTC 2007

On Sun, Jun 17, 2007 at 02:14:21PM +0100, Robert Hogan wrote:
 [...]
> Hi Nick,
>
> That's a much better idea. Patch attached. The extension format in the
> control-spec hasn't been implemented yet (so far as I can tell) so I've gone
> along with the current method. Am I right on this? If so, would you like
> someone to do it?

Applied; looks ok.  (The extension format in control-spec _is_ the one
that's implemented in control.c, as far as I can tell. Am I missing
something?)

> At the moment, extended events get displayed regardless of the controller
> directive. There's a one-liner in the patch to fix that.

Actually, that's not the intention.  The idea is that extended events
are the way we should have designed events from the start, and having
them off-by-default is just a backward compatibility feature.  Once
you say you want extended events, _all_ the events you get are in the
extended format.

peace,
--
Nick Mathewson