Extra information regarding my compilation issue

Nick Mathewson nickm at freehaven.net
Thu Aug 30 14:23:58 UTC 2007

On Thu, Aug 30, 2007 at 08:39:21PM +1000, Christian King wrote:

> Here is the complete config.log as you suggested. Since the config.log
> lines reference the generated configure script, I have included that for
> you as well. Let me know if you need anything else.
>
> Christian

Here's the trouble:

> In file included from conftest.c:35:
> C:/msys/1.0/local/include/event.h:34:20: config.h: No such file or directory
> C:/msys/1.0/local/include/event.h:35:30: compat/sys/queue.h: No such file or directory
> In file included from conftest.c:35:
> C:/msys/1.0/local/include/event.h:378: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
> C:/msys/1.0/local/include/event.h:378: error: syntax error before "list_elem"
> C:/msys/1.0/local/include/event.h:381: error: syntax error before '}' token
> configure:5274: $? = 1

It seems, for whatever reason, that autoconf can't actually build with
the event.h header you have.  It seems to be including both config.h
and compat/sys/queue.h, neither of which is installed.  (Neither of
these is included by standard libevent.)  Also, there are some syntax
errors.

To fix this, I'd check out what recent versions of libevent do with
event.h.

I'm still not sure what causes the autoconf bug though.  The configure
script should complain about this.

yrs,
--
Nick Mathewson