Export END_CIRC_REASON_* to controller?

Mike Perry mikepery at fscked.org
Sun Oct 8 01:34:13 UTC 2006

Thus spake Nick Mathewson (nickm at freehaven.net):

> On Sat, Oct 07, 2006 at 07:44:25PM -0500, Mike Perry wrote:
> > Thus spake Mike Perry (mikepery at fscked.org):
> >
> > > Ok, I'm on it. You're right it's not that bad at all. Will test it for
> > > a bit w/ the scanner then post.
> > >
> > > Should I patch the control-spec.txt as well?
> >
> > Stupid question. I think you guys actually say to submit changes in
> > patch form for the spec first somewhere. Spec diff is attached.
>
> Lovely.  For backward compatibility with older controllers, I'd like
> the syntax to be [SP REASON '=' Reason] and I'd like the reasons to
> only be included if the "extended" event syntax is in use.  (That is,
> if conn->use_extended_events is set.)  See Section 3.4 of
> control-spec.txt if this "extended" business doesn't make sense.
>
> If this makes no sense to you, never mind and just send the patch, and
> I'll tidy it up once you're done. :)

Well, it makes sense but the source doesn't seem to have a clean way
to forumulate these circuit events in a specific way for each
controller connection. In fact, conn->use_extended_events seems unused
in the source and there doesn't seem to be a way to flag an event
string as extended or not...

I will change the REASON syntax tho. It's in my interest to not have it
change on randomly on me :)

--
Mike Perry
Mad Computer Scientist