[community] Workflow for changing Support website

Joydeep Sen Gupta championquizzer at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 09:58:36 UTC 2021

Hello!

On Sun 08/22/21 22:17, Derek Cameron wrote:
> I want to understand the workflow for changing a page on the Support
> website. How is this:
>
> 1. On GitHub, fork https://github.com/torproject/support
>
> 2. In your fork, create a new branch named after the change
>
> 3. Clone this fork to your local PC
>
> 4. On your local PC, make the change(s) in the new branch
>
> 5. Build the website on your PC, from the changed content, as per
> https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/web/tpo/-/wikis/Compiling-a-local-version-of-the-website
>
> 6. When the content is correct, commit to the new branch on your local
> PC
>
> 7. Push from your local PC back to GitHub
>
> 8. Submit a PR to merge from your fork's new branch back into the
> master
>
> 9. Notify #tor-www on IRC
>
> Is this workflow correct?

This sounds good. You can submit a PR on github or a MR on
gitlab.torproject.org [1].

> At what point does the translation into Spanish, etc., get made?

Once the changes are committed to the Support Portal, the strings would
be available on Transifex [2] for our translators [3] to translate. I
hope that answers your question.

Thanks for contributing!

[1]: https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/web/support
[2]: https://www.transifex.com/otf/tor-project-support-community-portal/support-portal/