[tbb-dev] browser build for Linux arm64

Jeremy Rand jeremyrand at airmail.cc
Tue Sep 29 14:55:00 UTC 2020

Martin Kepplinger:
> hi,
>
> in order to serve Linux tablets and phones, even Laptops based on arm64
> will become more popular I guess: Are there plans to add arm64 builds to
> https://www.torproject.org/download/languages/ ?
>
> thanks a lot,

The "linux-cross" target patches I'm working on for tor-browser-build
are designed with the intent of supporting arbitrary architectures with
minimal additional work.  So although 32-bit ARM and 64-bit LE POWER are
my primary areas of interest, it would probably not be difficult for me
(or someone else) to adapt that work to handle other arches, such as
64-bit ARM, BE POWER, or RISC-V.  Whether I decide to do that type of
extra work myself mostly depends on whether I end up with the necessary
hardware (I have an Asus C201 and a Talos II, both of which I use
regularly, so those ports are motivated by personal need).  Also I make
no guarantees on when the linux-cross patches will actually be ready to
merge (it's a "for fun on weekends" project for me), although it seems
like things are making progress (and Georg's review has been very helpful).

Cheers,
--
-Jeremy Rand
Lead Application Engineer at Namecoin
Mobile email: jeremyrandmobile at airmail.cc
Mobile OpenPGP: 2158 0643 C13B B40F B0FD 5854 B007 A32D AB44 3D9C
Send non-security-critical things to my Mobile with OpenPGP.
Please don't send me unencrypted messages.
My business email jeremy at veclabs.net is having technical issues at the
moment.