[tbb-dev] browser build for Linux arm64

Matthew Finkel sysrqb at torproject.org
Tue Sep 29 14:40:11 UTC 2020

Hello

On Tue, Sep 29, 2020 at 04:10:10PM +0200, Martin Kepplinger wrote:
> hi,
>
> in order to serve Linux tablets and phones, even Laptops based on arm64
> will become more popular I guess: Are there plans to add arm64 builds to
> https://www.torproject.org/download/languages/ ?

We have a recently opened ticket for this [0]. Unless there is
significant interest in supporting arm64, we are very hesistant to add
additional platforms. The burden is too high and we are a small team. We
will accept patches for producing Linux arm64 packages, in the same way
there is active development on adding support for Linux armv7 [1], but I
don't expect we will put Linux arm64 on our roadmap in the near future.

[0] https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/applications/tor-browser-build/-/issues/40091
[1] https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/applications/tor-browser-build/-/issues/32355