[tbb-dev] Idea: hidden service in tor browser

juanjo juanjo at avanix.es
Thu Jan 9 19:29:15 UTC 2020

Hi, it is a good idea to look for P2P in the future of Tor, but since
months ago (maybe years) Tor team seem like if they want Tor to fail. I
mean: they ask and they get more money but I can't see where this money
is going...

Tor and Tor Browser development is active but I feel the amount of money
they have and get is worth more than what they are doing, they could do
or hire more devs with it. I feel the development is slow and that the
Tor vulnerabilities are growing faster than Tor fix them: from traffic
analysis, to the design itself, or Hidden Service DoS. And to add fire
it seems they don't want people helping them, I mean, I wanna help and I
make proposals but they do not answer or just say a little "ok" and do
nothing more.

On the Browser side: it should be already using Linux Namespaces like
"Sandboxed Tor Browser" had, but they discussed this months ago and now
it is like vapor, not done and not talking about it... They say they
want to protect users, if they really wanted they will make the sandbox
right now.

And if they really wanted to stop Hidden Service DoS they would have
developed a simple (and temporal) fix with a PoW for connecting to HS to
stop the attacks now.

Sorry for this answer you didn't ask... I'm just a little angry at the
Tor team.