[tbb-dev] get-tb-version broken

Nicolas Vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Mon Jul 17 14:05:59 UTC 2017

Hi!

On Mon, 10 Jul 2017, Colin Childs wrote:

> Hi Nicolas,
>
> Sorry for missing this!
>
> For the user manual, we do a check out of
> https://gitweb.torproject.org/builders/tor-browser-bundle.git/, and then
> our configure script does the following[1]:

Which commit or branch do you checkout?

The get-tb-version script takes as an argument the type of version you
are looking for ('release', or 'alpha'). If there is no argument, the
default is 'release', which should work on the maint-7.0 branch. But if
you are doing that on the master branch, then you should add an 'alpha'
argument to the get-tb-version call.

When running ./get-tb-version on maint-7.0 I get:
TORBROWSER_VERSION=7.0.2
TORBROWSER_BUILDDIR=7.0.2-4e4b549515c6
TORBROWSER_SYMLINK_VERSION=0

When running './get-tb-version alpha' on master I get:
TORBROWSER_VERSION=7.5a2
TORBROWSER_BUILDDIR=7.5a2-ce3fbdf44272
TORBROWSER_SYMLINK_VERSION=0