[tbb-dev] First nightly builds based on ESR 52 are available!

Georg Koppen gk at torproject.org
Tue Apr 11 06:54:00 UTC 2017

Yawning Angel:
> On Thu, 06 Apr 2017 10:45:00 +0000
> Georg Koppen <gk at torproject.org> wrote:
>> The location is a bit unusual but we hit an issue in our nightly build
>> Gitian setup which made some tweaking to our usual build and upload
>> process necessary. Nevertheless, please give this nightly a test if
>> you can as we don't have much time left before the first alpha based
>> on ESR 52 is due.
>
> None of the assumptions I'm making about the release are going to
> change right? (XML artifacts are still downloadable from the same
> place, the downloads.json file will still be there, etc).

Correct.

>> 2) e10s is not activated on Linux (+ macOS I guess) (#21876)
>
> Will this change for the final release, and if so, will there be more
> nightlies before then with e10s working?

Yes, we hope to have e10s activated at least on Linux and macOS in the
final release. Windows might not make it in time, though.

There will be more nightly builds and even alphas with e10s on before
we'll support it on the release channel. I even hope we'll have one or
more nightlies with e10s enabled available before the first esr52-based
alpha is getting out.

> FWIW casual testing ("Does it start up, and can I load pages/click
> links) seems to indicate that the sandbox didn't break with the
> transition.

\o/

Georg