[tbb-dev] Bug 1506

Arthur D. Edelstein arthuredelstein at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 19:08:45 UTC 2014

Hi All,

I noticed a lot of references in torbutton.git to Bug 1506, with a P0,
P1, P2, etc. I looked at https://trac.torproject.org/1506, but it
isn't clear to me what these P-numbers refer to. Am I looking in the
wrong place?

In any case, four of the files,
  window-mapper.js
  torRefSpoofer.js
  tor-protocol.js
  tors-protocol.js
have a first line with a comment like:
> // Bug 1506 P0: This code is toggle-mode code and is unused. Kill it.
and they seem to have been commented out from chrome.manifest as well.

So should these files be removed? If so, I can write a patch.

Also, "Bug 1506 P0" is mentioned with liberal uses of the word "Kill"
in torbutton.js at the top of three functions. Should these functions
be removed as well?

Thanks,
Arthur