[ooni-talk] Report on blocks in Pakistan ahead of 2024 elections

Maria Xynou maria at openobservatory.org
Wed Feb 7 15:31:34 UTC 2024

Hello,

OONI just published a report on the *blocking of PTI political party
websites* and on the *blocking of an investigative news platform in
Pakistan* ahead of their 2024 general elections (which are tomorrow).

You can read our *report* here:
https://explorer.ooni.org/findings/108298926901

The blocks primarily appear to be implemented by means of TLS interference
(though we also see some blocks implemented at the DNS level). The report
shares relevant data.

Huge thanks to the OONI community in Pakistan for contributing
measurements! We wish you all the best in the next days with the elections.

Best,

Maria.