[ooni-talk] New OONI Explorer features for investigating internet censorship through open data

Maria Xynou maria at openobservatory.org
Tue May 30 13:01:33 UTC 2023

Hello friends,

We're excited to share that OONI Explorer (open dataset on internet
censorship) includes the following new features:

* *Domain-centric* pages: https://explorer.ooni.org/domains

* *Network-centric* pages: https://explorer.ooni.org/networks

* *Charts on internet outages* (integrating IODA, Google traffic, and
Cloudflare Radar data), available in each country-specific (
https://explorer.ooni.org/countries) and network-specific (
https://explorer.ooni.org/networks) page

* *Mechanism for verifying OONI measurements* (available in each OONI
measurement page)

You can learn all about the above features through our blog post:
https://ooni.org/post/2023-new-explorer-features/

We hope these new features help with monitoring and responding to
censorship events worldwide.

We thank each and every OONI Probe user who has contributed measurements
from 2012 to date! Thanks to our global community, new measurements from
around the world are published as open data on OONI Explorer in real-time:
https://explorer.ooni.org/

We're happy to address any questions you may have, and we welcome your
feedback.

Thanks,

OONI team.