[ooni-talk] New translations for OONI documents

Maria Xynou maria at openobservatory.org
Wed Mar 22 19:21:29 UTC 2023

Hello,

We're excited to share that today we published several *OONI documents
translated into 5 languages*: Arabic, Farsi, Russian, Swahili, and Spanish.
:)

The translated OONI documents are:

* OONI Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ): https://ooni.org/support/faq

* OONI Glossary: https://ooni.org/support/glossary

* Potential risks: https://ooni.org/about/risks/

Below I share links for the translated documents in each of the 5 languages.

*# Arabic*

Thanks to Ahmed Gharbeia, the following OONI documents are now available in
Arabic:

* OONI Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ): https://ooni.org/ar/support/faq

* OONI Glossary: https://ooni.org/ar/support/glossary

* Potential risks: https://ooni.org/ar/about/risks

*# Farsi*

Thanks to Miaan Group, the following OONI documents are now available in
Farsi:

* OONI Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ): https://ooni.org/fa/support/faq

* OONI Glossary: https://ooni.org/fa/support/glossary

* Potential risks: https://ooni.org/fa/about/risks

*# Russian*

Thanks to Tatyana Boldyreva, the following OONI documents are now available
in Russian:

* OONI Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ): https://ooni.org/ru/support/faq

* OONI Glossary: https://ooni.org/ru/support/glossary

* Potential risks: https://ooni.org/ru/about/risks

*# Swahili*

Thanks to Zaina Foundation, the following OONI documents are now available
in Swahili:

* OONI Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ): https://ooni.org/sw/support/faq

* OONI Glossary: https://ooni.org/sw/support/glossary

* Potential risks: https://ooni.org/sw/about/risks

*# Spanish*

Thanks to Katherine Pennacchio and Mariengracia Chirinos, the following
OONI documents are now available in Spanish:

* OONI Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ): https://ooni.org/es/support/faq

* OONI Glossary: https://ooni.org/es/support/glossary

The Risks document had already been translated to Spanish by Derechos
Digitales: https://ooni.org/es/about/risks

Huge thanks to the translators who helped make important OONI documents
accessible to more communities worldwide!

We'd appreciate it if you could please share these translated documents
with your networks.

Thanks,

Maria (on behalf of the OONI team).