[ooni-dev] Fact-check my understanding of ooniprobe URL testing lists

balooni at espiv.net balooni at espiv.net
Tue Aug 4 13:29:58 UTC 2015

Hi David,

On Fri, 31 Jul 2015 18:20:14 -0700
David Fifield <david at bamsoftware.com> wrote:

<snip>

> Thanks. Help me understand what is going on with oonideckgen. I
> installed ooniprobe 1.3.1-2 from the Debian repository. I ran
> 	sudo ooniresources --update-inputs
> 	sudo ooniresources --update-geoip
> 	oonideckgen -o my_decks/
> It created the files
> 	0.1.0-us-user.deck
> 	citizenlab-urls-global.txt
> 	dns-server-us.txt
> The file citizenlab-urls-global.txt has 1226 lines. However I notice
> it does not include the new meek URLs from
> https://github.com/citizenlab/test-lists/commit/d4c82c825. Why is
> that? Do I need to run oonideckgen in another way?

Currently oonideckgen is not creating tests for pluggable transports.
https://gitweb.torproject.org/ooni-probe.git/tree/ooni/deckgen/cli.py#n95

There are plans to include PT tests to the 'standard set' of decks.

BTW, there is also a test for meek:
https://gitweb.torproject.org/ooni-probe.git/tree/ooni/nettests/blocking/meek_fronted_requests.py