[ooni-dev] ooni translations

isis agora lovecruft isis at torproject.org
Sun Jun 23 00:15:36 UTC 2013

Our code, from what I understand, though I have never worked with Transifex or
any of these other translation services, is not particularly well-suited to
translation.

First question, at what point/release is OONI going to aim for for having
translations available?

Going with the "usual" route of having a strings.py seems like it wouldn't
work for OONI, do to the number of merge conflicts it would create (i.e. if I
work on a nettest, and Aaron does some work on the director, and we both
change strings.py, then the merge might not work cleanly). Are there any other
opinions or ideas on the cleanest way to get ready for translations?

We could have an ooni.strings submodule, and stick per file things in there,
like director_str.py, etc. Thoughts?

--
 ♥Ⓐ isis agora lovecruft