[metrics-team] A new home for the Metrics Timeline?

David Fifield david at bamsoftware.com
Tue Sep 8 20:05:33 UTC 2020

On Sat, Sep 05, 2020 at 06:31:12AM +0200, Karsten Loesing wrote:
> Okay, I just updated the parser, ran it, and redeployed the metrics website.
>
> Can you take a look at the News page (and, if you want, the commit) and
> say if anything looks obviously broken there?
>
> https://metrics.torproject.org/news.html
>
> https://gitweb.torproject.org/metrics-web.git/commit/?id=84d1c46b4241f8a2097236c5f81fb52b2805be39

It looks good to me, thanks.

I was going to suggest the possibility of making a blog post to share
the new timeline repo and explain how to contribute to it. (For example,
we could use some volunteers to go through all the "ongoing" events,
find out which have ended, and insert an end date.) However, before
making a blog post I'd prefer to know that the pipeline (request a
gitlab.tpo account → get an account → edit the repo or file a merge
request) actually works. I was hoping that KuroNeko would test it out in
adding the Belarus event, but so far I haven't heard a reply.