[metrics-team] Not recommended version alert

ntfs hard ntfs.hard at gmail.com
Sun May 6 20:14:08 UTC 2018

Hello everyone!

I'd like to thank you for your site. It's great! I check my (humble) node
(almost) every day with it.

But it could be better if you can add some information to the "Not
recommended version alert"(full text below). The main trouble I couldn't
get any information about severity of the problem: should I shutdown my
node immediately or I could wait an update from my package vendor. May be
you could add some information for node keepers: node's release notes,
dangerous versions, "threat level" and so on. I really tried to google it
but failed =(

"Not recommended version alert": This relay is running a version of Tor
that is not recommended. It is most likely too old and may be missing
important security fixes. If this is the case, and this is your relay, you
should update it as soon as possible. Development versions (versions that
are too new) will also trigger this warning message (see bug #24256
<https://bugs.torproject.org/24256>).

Thank you,
~

PS my node is 0.2.5.16 on Linux and should I switch it down until an update
or it's OK to keep it going?