[metrics-team] Java code style

Iain Learmonth irl at torproject.org
Mon Feb 12 02:13:01 UTC 2018

Hi,

I've sent a ping to the current maintainer of checkstyle in Debian to
see if we can get that updated. 7.5 should be arriving in unstable soon
and they are working on updating to 8.8.

Currently we use checkstyle 6.17 in metrics-base while 6.15 is in Debian
(for both stable and testing).

Did 6.15 not contain features that we require that are in 6.17? Should
we look to have either 7.5 or 8.8 backported to Debian stable?

Finally, is there an XML configuration for the Eclipse code formatting
preferences floating around that I can just import? It would look
similar to [1].

[1]:
https://github.com/google/styleguide/blob/gh-pages/eclipse-java-google-style.xml

Thanks,