[metrics-team] Trac housekeeping

Karsten Loesing karsten at torproject.org
Fri Sep 1 18:30:12 UTC 2017

On 2017-09-01 19:30, Damian Johnson wrote:
> Hi Karsten. Just quick food for thought that for my projects I make a
> 'bugs' landing page. This does two things...
>
> a. Provides nice instructions to users for how to cut a ticket.
> b. Embeds a chart with all my component's issues.
>
> Here's an example...
>
> https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/stem/bugs
>
> The only reason I mention this is because 'b' might be handy so all
> Metrics folks can refer to that page rather than a more arcane trac
> ticket search url.

Hi Damian!

We do have such a wiki page with a list of open tickets:

https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/teams/MetricsTeam#OpenTickets

I guess in this case I wanted a slightly different query that groups by
component. This Custom Query thing is really flexible. And when you
replace "status=accepted&status=assigned&..." with "status=!closed" and
remove all the "col=something" parts, the query becomes much, much
shorter and still useful.

But in general, the list on the wiki page is a good starting point, too.
(And if one switches to page 2 one ends up in the Custom Query area anyway.)

Thanks for the suggestion!