[global-south] CryptoRave 2018

intrigeri intrigeri at boum.org
Wed Feb 21 09:33:04 UTC 2018

Hi,

Vasilis:
> From the poll evaluation results:

Thanks for following up and thanks everyone who participated in the poll!

Update: 8 people participated in the poll.

The preferred dates are:

 - Monday, February 26, 2018 6:00 PM
   … but gus can't make it

 - Wednesday, February 28, 2018 8:00 PM
   … but samba can't make it

It would make me sad to have this meeting without gus or samba so I'm
tempted to create another poll for March 1-7 but I suspect there will
never be a date that works for everyone and it'll be tricky to have
everyone's input in time for the first of the currently
preferred dates.

So I say let's pick Wednesday, February 28, 2018 8:00 PM because:

 - one more local organizer can attend
 - it gives the person who cannot attend (samba) more time to share
   their thoughts over email

Fair enough?

>> We could meet on the "cryptorave" XMPP multi-user chatroom on the
>> conference.riseup.net server to avoid issues with IRC networks that
>> block Tor, but I don't care much and will follow whatever you
>> folks prefer.

> Alternatively we could use #tor-meeting IRC channel (on OFTC server) as a number
> of people are already around.

Works for me as long as every participant already has a tested,
working way to bypass OFTC blocking incoming Tor connections whenever
it's not in the mood.

Cheers,
--
intrigeri