[global-south] About global-south listinfo

Colin Childs colin at torproject.org
Tue Dec 5 03:56:09 UTC 2017

On 2017-12-04 09:50 PM, Alison Macrina wrote:
> Vasilis:
>> Hello,
>
>> isabela:
>
>>> we can also ask any of the current admins to do it. I just want
>>> to remember that this list is not just for folks in countries
>>> that speaks spanish and pt tho. so if we start adding
>>> descriptions in other languages we should be more inclusive
>>> because the south of the Equator line is quite big :)
>
>> Agreed! We should perhaps add descriptions in multiple languages,
>> since almost sure the people under "the south of the Equator line"
>> they most probably don't speak English.
>
>> The need to add translation arised when people asked ne in which
>> fields of the mailing list they should add their email address and
>> what do they need to do next in order to subscribe to this list.
>
> I'm ccing Colin to see if we can get lists.torproject.org translated.
>
> Hi all,

I can definitely get these translated, however I'm not sure if there is
a clean way to display translated descriptions with mailman (the list
software).

If one of the people handling mailman knows of a way to do this, I'm
happy to get the strings on Transifex for translation!

--
Colin Childs
Tor Project