FamilyID help...again
Hi, I have run my relays for 15+ years. I am trying to implement FamilyID by following your instructions at https://community.torproject.org/relay/setup/post-install/family-ids/. I generate my secret_family_key. I save the FamilyID. I copy secret_family_key to my key directory "I think". All servers are Debian 12-13. All tor versions are Tor 0.4.9.12 (recommended). Instructions call for sub-directory of DataDir? I don't know where that is. All my Tor key appear at /var/lib/tor/keys so that is where my secret_family_key is. I add FamilyID #$%^&*()POIUYHJKLetc as in the format line generated to the bottom of my torrc file. I restart relay. (Systemctl etc) I also reboot the whole server too. Nyx won't start. Remove the FamilyID from torrc and everything is fine and Nyx starts. I have regenerated secret key several times, tried adding to 3 different relays with exactly the same results. All my servers have Effective & Alleged Family Members listings obviously. I have 2 questions what am I doing &*(*(**( wrong & do I have to add the FamilyID to all my relays first to get things working? Thanks Phil
wxw--- via tor-relays:
Hi, I have run my relays for 15+ years.
I am trying to implement FamilyID by following your instructions at https://community.torproject.org/relay/setup/post-install/family-ids/.
I generate my secret_family_key.
I save the FamilyID.
I copy secret_family_key to my key directory "I think". All servers are Debian 12-13. All tor versions are Tor 0.4.9.12 (recommended). Instructions call for sub-directory of DataDir? I don't know where that is. All my Tor key appear at /var/lib/tor/keys so that is where my secret_family_key is.
I add FamilyID #$%^&*()POIUYHJKLetc as in the format line generated to the bottom of my torrc file.
Did you use "FamilyID" or "FamilyId"? It's the latter according to `man tor` (and, yes, we should probably not mix them up on the community portal page)? Georg [snip]
participants (3)
-
Georg Koppen -
Toralf Förster -
wxw@Safe-mail.net