[tor-relays] disable conflux on exit relay?

applied-privacy.net tor at appliedprivacy.net
Sun Apr 14 14:17:22 UTC 2024

> will
> ConfluxEnabled 0
> disable it for tor acting as a client only or for relays as well?

Yes, it affects relays as well, not just clients.

Due to the high frequency of bug events related to conflux,
especially:
https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/core/tor/-/issues/40908

the tor_bug_reached metric basically becomes meaningless because it is
"normal" to see that counter increase all the time.
To work around that issue we filed the following issue
which would make it possible to run exits with conflux enabled
without rendering the tor_bug_reached metric meaningless:

https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/core/tor/-/issues/40930

FYI from the tor log file: