[tor-project] sajolida's monthly status report, January 2024

sajolida sajolida at pimienta.org
Thu Feb 1 23:00:46 UTC 2024

In January, I almost finished preparing the 2 user research activities
for Phase 7 of Sponsor 9.

We chose 2 activites that:

- Don't require much facilitation skills from partners
- Are lightweight for partners to report
- Benefit from a slightly bigger numbers of participants (~20)
- Are easy to schedule during the training

We decided to organize:

- Desirability study of the new illustrations

   https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/ux/research/-/work_items/133

   This one takes the form of a survey that all training participants can
   fill up on their own at the beginning of the training.

   https://survey.torproject.org/index.php/983521

- Card sorting on support portal

   Partners can get several participants to do the card sorting in
   parallel and ask them to self-report their results as a survey.

   https://survey.torproject.org/index.php/168241

As you can see in both, I also implemented a reusable consent and
demographics questionnaire that can be either added at the beginning of
another research survey or printed on paper.

I created a Tor theme for LimeSurvey that uses the Tor colors and logo,
prints well on paper, and displays better on mobile. Thanks @lavamind
for the speedy deployment!

https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/web/fruity_twentythree_tor

--