[tor-project] Nina’s Monthly Status Report: January, 2024

Nina nina13 at riseup.net
Thu Feb 1 19:07:24 UTC 2024

Hi! Below is my January’24 report!

In January, I resolved 531 tickets:
On Telegram (@TorProjectSupportBot) - 404
On RT (frontdesk at tpo) - 115
On WhatsApp (+447421000612) - 9
and on Signal (+17787431312) - 3.

My main focus of work is to help Russian-speaking users use Tor Browser
and circumvent internet censorship. In January, there was a visible
increase in the number of users from Russia requesting bridges and
assistance with connection to Tor. The spike is visible in the Metrics
data [1]. The increase can be explained by the upcoming presidential
elections in Russia in March'24 and the blocking of popular messengers
like WhatsApp in some regions of Russia in the course of protests [2].

I also assisted with Russian localization, focusing on reviewing and
approving existing translations and fixing minor errors.

In January, we again faced an increased number of tickets from the OPPO
phone owners, who struggle to use Tor Browser on their devices [3].

With the help of our users, I reported several minor issueslike:
     - bridges at torproject.org not working
     - check.torproject.org not working [4]

Also in January I took part as a moderator in the Relay Operators Meetup[5].

[1]
https://metrics.torproject.org/userstats-bridge-country.html?start=2023-11-03&end=2024-02-01&country=ru
<https://metrics.torproject.org/userstats-bridge-country.html?start=2023-11-03&end=2024-02-01&country=ru>
[2]