[tor-project] Nina’s Monthly Status Report: November 2023

Nina nina13 at riseup.net
Wed Dec 6 09:42:54 UTC 2023

Hi! This is my November’23 report!

In November, I resolved 582 tickets:

On Telegram (@TorProjectSupportBot) - 382
On RT (frontdesk at tpo) - 194
On WhatsApp (+447421000612) - 5
and on Signal (+17787431312) - 1.

The most common issues I dealt with were:
1. Censorship circumvention: finding a working bridge or way for usersto
circumvent censorship;
2. Troubleshooting issues related to using antivirus software while
running Tor Browser on Windows;
3. macOS users and some OS-specific bugs.

Although not developed by The Tor Project, in November there was an
increased number of tickets from the iOS users of Orbot.

In this period,I reported an issue with https://t.me/
<https://t.me/gettor_bot>gettor_bot <https://t.me/gettor_bot>(Telegram)
[1]. With the help of Tor Browser users I also reported a bug with
adding the wrong bridge line affecting macOSand Linux users [2] and
macOS-related issues when opening .dmg files causing warnings [3].

For the Hackweek, I contributed to the clarification of the instructions
for our Support portal on how to verify Tor Browser's signature[4],
added auser support entryabout censorship circumvention for Russian
users[5],and wrote another support entry instructionsfor users to test
if Tor is blocked withOONI probe[6].

[1]
https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/anti-censorship/gettor-project/OnionSproutsBot/-/issues/55
[2]