[tor-project] cohosh's monthly status report, November 2023

Cecylia Bocovich cohosh at torproject.org
Tue Dec 5 19:01:38 UTC 2023

Hi! This is my status report for contract work done in November 2023.

# Reputation-based bridge distribution

We deployed a Lox distributor for rdsys in production for testing
purposes. The distributor does not currently receive an allocation of
bridges from the distributor as we are currently testing the invitation
and reputation functionality of the Lox server. Most of the work done
this month has been on continuing client-side integration and finding
and fixing bugs with the distributor.

- Coordinated with applications team on client-side integration
   https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/applications/tor-browser/-/issues/42036

- Worked on squashing lox distributor bugs
   https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/anti-censorship/lox/-/issues/40

# Snowflake

- Caught a bug in the log scrubber

https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/anti-censorship/pluggable-transports/snowflake/-/issues/40306

- Released version 2.8.0 of Snowflake

https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/anti-censorship/pluggable-transports/snowflake/-/releases/v2.8.0

- Dependency management

- Reviewed SQS rendezvous merge request

https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/anti-censorship/pluggable-transports/snowflake/-/issues/26151

# Conjure

- Conjure bridge maintenance

- Updated bridge configuration to allow connections from a new station

https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/anti-censorship/pluggable-transports/conjure/-/issues/39

- Investigated a potential issue with the front domain used for registration

https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/anti-censorship/pluggable-transports/conjure/-/issues/38#note_2963315

- Met with Conjure developers and talked about the deployment of more
Conjure stations

# Domain Fronting Alternatives

- Looked for cloud providers that offer domain fronting

- Looked for good potential front domains for working cloud providers