[TWN team] IRC logs

Lunar lunar at torproject.org
Tue Oct 8 08:48:38 UTC 2013

Nima:
> Kelley Misata:
> > I would caution quote people directly from IRC - at least ask for their OK
> > on this.
> > Kelley
>
> I don't think if this is needed at all.
>
> #tor-dev and #tor are public channels and whatever happens there, is
> open to the world. And anyone may watch/join/log the conversations. As
> most of the IRC clients do. I believe all IRC users acknowledge that.

I'm with Kelley there though. Some people do not like being permanently
exposed on a high visibility website like blog.torproject.org.

For the only IRC quote I ever added to TWN so far, I actually asked.

It's just about being nice. Most people are probably going to agree to
be quoted based on the previous statement.

--
Lunar                                             <lunar at torproject.org>