[Tor www-team] Meeting this Friday, March 11th at Noon PST

Jag Talon jag at jagtalon.com
Mon Mar 14 07:20:03 UTC 2016

Hi, Isabela

Thank you for the updates! On my end, I whipped up a small script to
generate a dot file[1] and a pdf file[2]. Please tell me if I missed
anything! Viewing the PDF is a bit of a pain, so it's best to download
the dot file and view it / edit it on either OmniGraffle or
KGraphViewer.

On Fri, Mar 11, 2016, at 07:53 PM, Isabela wrote:
> Hello there!

    Sharing notes from today's meeting. First some updates:

    Design Guidelines - in Valencia we discussed about the design work
    for the website with the UX team. Simply Secure is an organization
    that will be helping Tor build a design guideline. Such work will
    actually be helpful not only for our project but for any designer
    who might want to collaborate with Tor. During the discussion with
    the UX Team we decided that it makes sense to wait for the
    guidelines to be done before moving with mocks.

    On that note, the UX team met and brainstormed two lists related to
    the design guidelines: 1) who (audience will use these guidelines)
    2) what (what we hope to use it for). You can find both lists here:
> https://storm.torproject.org/shared/Nt4Vf6bsQlYk56gSnfBdMPTdPMhKjKhMvbr3QeI-HSg

    If you have time, please:

    1) Add your ideas of who the style guide should be helping and what
       it should be helping them do to the "Brainstorming" sections of
       the doc [3]

> 2) Email the ux list or scout at simplysecure.org
      with your prioritized "Who" and "What" lists – the "Who" we should
      first target, and "What" we should be helping them first do.

      Giving the above, we should update the phases for the project
      in the wiki:
> https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/Website/MainSiteRedesign

      I plan on doing that and maybe add some dates to it as well. I
      will ping the list to review once it's done.

      Another update from Valencia is related to the site metrics. We
      discussed how to measure the user path, and the first step to find
      tor browser and download it is the website. Sebastian is working
      with Karsten to get graphs of these metrics displayed at
      metrics.torproject.org, so it's easier for all of us to access it.
      :)

      During the meeting we decided to start the technical discussion
      about the site, since the design part will take longer than first
      planned. We started a pad where we brainstormed the technical
      requirements for it:
> https://storm.torproject.org/shared/GIBAKoUs2ELF4UD-GrGim3zS1P6g1-OMRdXZuLwTj8t

      Please review what is there and help us make sure we are not
      missing anything.

      Finally, we also spoke about re-organizing the site content. We
      should go over the content and organize it, see what should go
      under what subdomain, like dev.torproject.org or
      support.torproject.org or whatever we think is appropriated.  So
      next meeting we will take some time to work on it.

      We also discussed that once we have a proposal on how things could
      be organized, we should share it with a larger audience (email it
      to tor-project email list) for feedback.

      Our next meeting is Friday, March 18th, noon pacific time.

      Cheers,

      Isabela

> --
PM at TorProject.org gpg fingerprint = 8F2A F9B6 D4A1 4D03 FDF1  B298
3224 4994 1506 4C7B @isa
> Email had 1 attachment:

>  * signature.asc  1k (application/pgp-signature)

Links:

  1. https://github.com/jagtalon/tor-sitemapper/blob/master/graph.dot
  2. https://github.com/jagtalon/tor-sitemapper/blob/master/graph.pdf