[Tor www-team] Meeting this Friday, March 11th at Noon PST

Isabela isabela at riseup.net
Fri Mar 11 23:53:43 UTC 2016

Hello there!
Sharing notes from today's meeting. First some updates:

Design Guidelines - in Valencia we discussed about the design work for
the website with the UX team. Simply Secure is an organization that will
be helping Tor build a design guideline. Such work will actually be
helpful not only for our project but for any designer who might want to
collaborate with Tor. During the discussion with the UX Team we decided
that it makes sense to wait for the guidelines to be done before moving
with mocks.

On that note, the UX team met and brainstormed two lists related to the
design guidelines: 1) who (audience will use these guidelines) 2) what
(what we hope to use it for). You can find both lists here:
https://storm.torproject.org/shared/Nt4Vf6bsQlYk56gSnfBdMPTdPMhKjKhMvbr3QeI-HSg

If you have time, please:

1) Add your ideas of who the style guide should be helping and what it
should be helping them do to the "Brainstorming" sections of the doc [3]

2) Email the ux list or scout at simplysecure.org
<mailto:scout at simplysecure.org> with your prioritized "Who" and "What"
lists – the "Who" we should first target, and "What" we should be
helping them first do.

Giving the above, we should update the phases for the project in the wiki:
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/Website/MainSiteRedesign

I plan on doing that and maybe add some dates to it as well. I will ping
the list to review once it's done.

Another update from Valencia is related to the site metrics. We
discussed how to measure the user path, and the first step to find tor
browser and download it is the website. Sebastian is working with
Karsten to get graphs of these metrics displayed at
metrics.torproject.org, so it's easier for all of us to access it. :)

During the meeting we decided to start the technical discussion about
the site, since the design part will take longer than first planned. We
started a pad where we brainstormed the technical requirements for it:
https://storm.torproject.org/shared/GIBAKoUs2ELF4UD-GrGim3zS1P6g1-OMRdXZuLwTj8t

Please review what is there and help us make sure we are not missing
anything.

Finally, we also spoke about re-organizing the site content. We should
go over the content and organize it, see what should go under what
subdomain, like dev.torproject.org or support.torproject.org or whatever
we think is appropriated.  So next meeting we will take some time to
work on it.

We also discussed that once we have a proposal on how things could be
organized, we should share it with a larger audience (email it to
tor-project email list) for feedback.

Our next meeting is Friday, March 18th, noon pacific time.

Cheers,
Isabela

--
PM at TorProject.org
gpg fingerprint = 8F2A F9B6 D4A1 4D03 FDF1  B298 3224 4994 1506 4C7B