[Tor www-team] Fw: [rt.torproject.org #41018] Tor Project - free of charge support

Sebastian Hahn mail at sebastianhahn.net
Tue Mar 10 09:24:52 UTC 2015

Hi Stefan,

On 03/09/2015 09:42 PM, Stefan Gruber wrote:
> dear tor project-team,
> I have tried to contact you via the help-desk and got informed that this
> isnt the right way for my concern. Now i have subscribe the www-team
> mailing list and "Sherief" from the support answered me and said that
> "Sebastian (our website maintainer) will surely answer you". So here
> follows my message:

Well, after they promised I reply I better do that, don't I :)

> In my job and my free time im a passionated austrian web developer. My
> most interests are: linux, php, mysql, javascript, html, css, gfx
> design, security, cryptocurrencies and especially the tor project. But
> now to my request or wish on your team:

Awesome. We have few people who are excited about web development
amongst us, and I'm not one of them either. I'm just taking care of what
needs doing most because nobody else is and it's really important. As
you can probably tell, there's lots to be done.

> As already said I am a great fan of the tor project and all arround it.
> I would like to take part, help or/and support our project. As
> webdeveloper i can offer you support all things that have to do with the
> website or my knowledege
> - correct bugs / mistakes / styling bug and all kind of this stuff.
> - extend your website with new features that you wish or if i have a
> good idea which you would like
> - complete redesign of your website: everything from the
> psd-layout-preview to the developement of it. I also would love to make
> just a redesign layout as preview for you. if you dont like it i can
> change things make a new or throw the idea away (and make a new layout
> if you wish)
> - every kind of work/tasks/bugs what need to be done, tested, proofed,
> corrected or anything.
> - It would be the greatest honor for me to support you in any possible way.

First off, have you seen our bugtracker at https://trac.torproject.org?
It is used not just for code bugs, but also website issues,
enhancements, etc. Take a look at the website component there.

Our website is written in WML, an html-like language with some
extensions to facilitate includes and supporting some calculations etc.
If you don't know it already, it should not be hard to get familiar with
it at all. We maintain the website from a git repository, available at
https://gitweb.torproject.org/project/web/webwml.git/ - do you know your
way around git?

Also feel free to swing by our irc channels #tor and #tor-dev on the
OFTC network, that's where we do most of our communication/discussion.

Cheers and all the best
Sebastian