[Tor www-team] Seeking Bash Scripting Experience for a Setup Script

William Papper william at papper.me
Fri May 16 23:02:56 UTC 2014

Thank you, Remco.

We're seeking to create a script which allows each instance of the download
site to be turned into a mirror. Ideally, someone can use git clone, run
setup.sh, and have a working download mirror fully configured.

setup.sh should:
1. Pull the contents of Tor’s website mirror (or even just dist/torbrowser
if possible, since that's all we need)

2.Check the GPG keys to make sure that nothing has been modified

3. Move the download files into a mirror directory and update the URLs
found in thank-you.js

4. Ensure that the mirror and the git repo will auto update using cron and
will work across version numbers

The current script in the repository has a rough sketch of what I was going
for.

Thanks for your help! Open up a pull request whenever you're ready. Feel
free to ask us if you have any questions.