[Tor www-team] Localization Help

Lunar lunar at torproject.org
Thu Jun 12 06:31:25 UTC 2014

William Papper:
> We need to add translations for the following languages to tor-download-web
> <https://github.com/wpapper/tor-download-web>: […]
>
> To submit a translation, just add the appropriate text to translations.js
> <https://github.com/wpapper/tor-download-web/blob/master/js/translations.js>
> and
> submit a pull request. If you are not comfortable with git, then you can
> comment with translations on the corresponding issue or reply directly to
> this email.
>
> Even if your language is already translated and everything is correct, then
> please comment and let us know that the translation is fine. More eyes are
> always better.

Tor is using Transifex as its translation platform. You will
unfortunately not reach the current set of translators with this email.

Transifex supports strings stored in JSON format, that might be the
easier, see:
http://docs.transifex.com/developer/formats/json

Once you have a working master file, get in touch with Colin (Phoul in
IRC) in order to get it added to the set of Tor resources.

Translated files will become available in a branch of the `translation`
Git repository on git.torproject.org.

Updates to the master file will be fetched automatically through Git.

--
Lunar                                             <lunar at torproject.org>