[Tor www-team] [Back-end][CMS]

Lunar lunar at torproject.org
Fri Jan 24 09:00:42 UTC 2014

Tom Purl:
> On 01/23/2014 08:10 AM, Lunar wrote:
> >Tom Purl:
> >>I therefore installed Juvia (https://github.com/phusion/juvia) on a
> >>VPS at the following URL:
> >>
> >>* http://juviatest.dyndns.org
> >
> >Thanks a lot for doing this! Have you kept notes of the installation
> >procedure?
>
> Yes I have. As a matter of fact, 99% of the server setup is done by
> Puppet modules, so everything is self-documented.

I don't know how much Puppet is already used on Tor Project's
infrastructure. It might not be directly usable but it sure will help!

> >Could you scribble something about that on ticket #10022?
> >https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/10022
>
> I added sub-ticket 10713. I hope that's ok. I just felt that I needed
> a little more space to flesh out what I did.

Smart move! :)  I guess you can even assign the ticket to yourself.

> >Details I can think of that matters: dependencies (and their
> >availability on Debian), resource consumption, stability, updatability…
>
> I'll be sure to publish my build notes and custom Puppet modules
> soon. The good news is that my server is also running on Debian and I
> HATE installing software that's not in the official repo's.

That's how it's done on Tor Project's servers, so that fits perfectly.

--
Lunar                                             <lunar at torproject.org>