[Tor www-team] Graphic Designer here

Lunar lunar at torproject.org
Wed Jan 15 00:44:46 UTC 2014

Marck Al:
> On Jan 14, 2014, at 10:12 PM, Lunar <lunar at torproject.org> wrote:
>
> > During a couple of discussions during the 30C3, came up at least the
> > topics of flyers, staffing booths, and standard decks of slides. A new
> > design for the website, and all of these would be a lot easier to make
> > if we had such a guide.
> >
> > It might be quite an amount of work, but it would be so much helpful to
> > have one. Are you willing to try?
>
> Any chance to try a redesign of the current logo? I'd love to try.

I think the logo is the only thing close to a visual identity that Tor
currently has. There's also the “root design” variant [1] which have
made good impressions on t-shirts.

I'm not sure that starting by the logo is the best to make progress on a
visual identity. There's a high probability of long controversial
discussions…

[1] https://svn.torproject.org/svn/projects/presentations/images/tor-logo-root-design.svg

--
Lunar                                             <lunar at torproject.org>