[Tor www-team] Query about milestones

andrew at torproject.is andrew at torproject.is
Sun Jan 12 01:49:07 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jan 09, 2014 at 03:44:24PM +0000, rey at spcshp.com wrote 3.1K bytes in 0 lines about:
: My query is why are these two separate milestones? I believe torproject.org 3.0's blog is simple another top level section of the website: `/blog` and isn't any different from another top level section.

The blog and websites run under completely separate infrastructures and
technologies. The blog is dynamic and has a community of commenters. The
website is static and shipped around the world as a stand alone thing.

This isn't to say we can't merge the two, but the static/standalone is
going to win over the dynamic.

As the tickets in the milestone suggest, we could turn the blog into
a simple portion of the website and use something like discourse[0]
for all of the commenting/community needs.

[0] http://www.discourse.org/

--
Andrew
http://tpo.is/contact