[Tor www-team] [Back-end][CMS]

Tom Purl tom at tompurl.com
Fri Jan 10 21:05:46 UTC 2014

On 01/10/2014 02:24 PM, Olssy wrote:
> Back to your question:
> Do we need User roles?
>
> If the site will ever be supporting user generated content through then
> I think this is a requirement but if UGC is to be offloaded elsewhere
> else and it's really just the static pages then I think the file system
> permissions should suffice.

I'm a little confused by the definition of "user generated content". Are
we referring to things like blog posts and tutorials?

If so, then I think a static site generator + git still works. The
author would just need to create a patch (using git format-patch) and
then email it to this list. Someone with commit access to the www repo
could then apply the patch and then a post-commit hook could regenerate
the web site.

Granted, you would need some degree of technical savvy to do that, but
not much more than it would take to clone the repo in the first place.

Tom Purl