[Tor www-team] [Back-end][CMS]

Earl G globallogins at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 10:57:59 UTC 2014

drupal is way to bloated
wordpress way too insecure.
and neither of them are downloadable as they are db based.

i am assuming that anyone who is going to edit the blog will have a basic
understanding of html

As the site needs to be portable as in downloadable, pdfable and made to
run offline.

Is there any reason it cant be built in html?

a webmaster can update it and push out new pages.

i know this goes against scaling and there will be argument that it should
be ruby or jekyll or octopus or whatever garbage is in fashion at the
moment.

"Jekyll is basically a set of markdown files you edit in a text editor and
then they're rendered in the browser as valid HTML by the generator
(liquid, I thin"
seems to be it solves a problem that dosent exist.

but html has been around for decades and is not just downloadable to read
offline but bundalable in software.
someone can whipup some code to allow it to publish as pdfs as soon as a
page is updated.

i just want to throw that out there even if it gets dismissed immediately
which i will understand.