[Tor www-team] Proposed personas

Rey Dhuny rey at spcshp.com
Thu Jan 9 17:40:38 UTC 2014

Sam E. Lawrence:

> does it make more sense for us to use names that are easier to remember, so while we're having conversations we can easily recallthem? I know for myself, I'm going to have a hard time remembering whether it's Angela or Tony that's the journalist, and I think their last names are irrelevant.

+1, it's going to get tricky with the names + number of personas!

Silviu Riley:

> This gets away from names, which reference specific cultures (Habib the dissident implies a foreign leaning to the persona. Dissidents might be located anywhere in the world)

+1, it wasn't my intention to imply a foreign leaning to the personas I created but I agree with your suggestion to refer to the personas by roles.

Caveat: although my job requires me to touch many aspects of UX/IA it's not my day job and so feedback on this from somebody who has uses this skill set on a professional basis would be greatly welcomed.

Rey