[Tor www-team] Proposed personas

Max Jakob Maass max at velcommuta.de
Thu Jan 9 11:15:30 UTC 2014

I've added the persona of a cautious activist under an orpressive regime:

```
## Habib Itamar, Dissident, 24

Habib is a political activist under an orpressive regime which uses
heavy internet filtering. From a friend, he received a USB stick with
a bootable Tails Live System. He does not know how Tor works and what
he has to keep in mind when using it, and will not connect the system
to the internet without knowing more about this (he can only access
the version of the website we will distribute with Tails).
```

Max

On 09.01.2014 12:06, Rey Dhuny wrote:
> I've since added the persona for a Tor Relay Operator:
>
> ``` ## Stephan Earls, DevOps Engineer, 27
>
> Stephan is a DevOps Engineer for a startup where he is responsible
> for network infrastructure, automation and data management. As a
> strong believer in the Tor Project he has been a Tor Relay Operator
> for a little over a year and has encouraged two of his colleagues
> to do the same. ```
>
> Rey
>
> On Thursday, 9 January 2014 at 10:36, Rey Dhuny wrote:
>
>> I've taken the liberty of sketching out some personas so we have
>> somewhere to start from and build on:
>>
>> ``` ## Tony Johnson, Student, aged 21
>>
>> Tony is a second year student at university who is studying
>> international business. Tony has recently heard about Tor
>> through recent mentions in the national news and would like to
>> discover more about it Particularly he has heard from a friend
>> that it could be used to protect his web browsing whilst using
>> the university campus public wifi.
>>
>> ## Angela Thomas, Journalist, aged 39
>>
>> Angela is a journalist who has been writing about online privacy
>> for the past year and would like to write a feature about Tor.
>> Although she has previously experimented with Tor's browser
>> bundle she would like further information of how the Tor
>> infrastructure functions and the technical details behind how it
>> enables online anonymity.
>>
>> ## Stephanie Davis, Security Researcher, aged 28
>>
>> Stephanie is a security researcher working for a think tank. She
>> has been a user of Tor since December 2011 and is a strong
>> proponent for an open web. Since finding out about Tor, Stephanie
>> has become involved in the Tor community contributing fixes and
>> features to the Tor code base and engaging with other Tor
>> contributers using the mailing lists and IRC.
>>
>> ## Amrit Ghuna, Doctor, aged 58
>>
>> Amrit is a Doctor of Pharmacy who has been practicing for 19
>> years. Although he now lives in suburbia outside the city, before
>> he moved himself and his family to Sweden he suffered political
>> oppression at the hands of the government, eventually being
>> labeled a dissident. After seeing first hand the effects of a
>> restricted and monitored internet he was enthused to read about
>> Tor in the local newspaper and would very much like to make a
>> donation to the Tor Project. ```
>>
>> I've also added it to the wiki:
>> https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/Website#ProposedPersonas

Thoughts welcome and requested!