[Tor www-team] First set of technical requirements

andrew at torproject.is andrew at torproject.is
Wed Jan 8 15:58:13 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jan 08, 2014 at 08:21:40AM -0500, seanmrafferty at me.com wrote 1.8K bytes in 0 lines about:
: Pardon my ignorance, but is the requirement for a static site a security concern or simply an ease-of-use issue?

The list in no particular order is security concern, scaling with limited
hardware/virtual machines, and the ability to have an offline copy of
the website.

: Another dumb question, but when you say the site needs to work offline,  do you mean people can view the content without a web server, or that it must run on a local instance of a web sever and not require things like google's cdn version of query?

I ship copies of the website via CD/USB/DVD to people. They have a local
browser. That's it. I include the release of TBB as part of the mirror,
but no guarantee the person actually installs it. Most people fire up
IE and browse the CD/DVD/USB.

--
Andrew
http://tpo.is/contact