[Tor www-team] First set of technical requirements

Lunar lunar at torproject.org
Wed Jan 8 14:34:35 UTC 2014

Sean Rafferty:
> Pardon my ignorance, but is the requirement for a static site a
> security concern or simply an ease-of-use issue?

Security concerns, ease to setup, ease of mirroring.

> Another dumb question, but when you say the site needs to work
> offline,  do you mean people can view the content without a web
> server, or that it must run on a local instance of a web sever and not
> require things like google's cdn version of query?

Tor is used for censorship circumvention. Think about an USB stick with
the Tor Browser Bundle, and a copy of the website. The website should be
usable without requiring any access to the network so people can learn
how to use Tor to reach the wider Internet.

--
Lunar                                             <lunar at torproject.org>