[Tor www-team] Tor blog - first steps

Rey Dhuny rey at spcshp.com
Wed Jan 8 11:24:28 UTC 2014

Hi Eric!

> Good point, I can run the ‘content’ through Html2MarkDown(http://html2markdown.com/) before it goes into a front-matter formatted markdown file.

Brilliant!

> Also as a quick note, Jekyll (probably Middleman too) can handle simple HTML markup and markdown together in front-matter formatted files, so this might not be an issue.

I think for legacy posts it might be fine but in terms of readability I am of the opinion that it would be _best practice_ if blog posts/content would mainly consist of clean markdown files with as little markup as possible as:

* Vanilla markdown is a very readable format in itself

* Encourages others to contribute as each post/page is essentially a simple text file with no potentially confusing markup

* Makes the content somewhat platform agnostic as you can take those markdown files and do whatever with them (eg. print and bind a book!)

Rey

--
reyhan.org