[Tor www-team] IRC channel for www-team

Rey Dhuny rey at spcshp.com
Tue Jan 7 22:17:48 UTC 2014

Just as an aside, I'm idling in #www-team on Freenode if anybody else wants
to join.

It's on Freenode because I'm connected already anyway, if there's a Tor
project preferred network/channel (http://irc.oftc.net, perhaps?) please
let me (and the mailing list!) know so we can get involved.

On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 8:48 PM, Simeun Furtula <simeunf at gmail.com> wrote:

> It looks like Middleman fulfills all requested technical requirements
> except the feature that would allow translation teams to be informed about
> obsolete content. It would be silly to expect such a feature from a
> software that is primarily a *static site generator*. Middleman itself *is*
> a static site generator. It uses markdown documents for storing content,
> which makes translation work a lot easier than it is now. Also, it supports
> localization out of the box, which makes it a very good choice.
>
> As git is going to be used for storing content, I assume it wouldn't be
> hard to build/setup separate system which will take care of translations,
> and make life easier for content translators. Anyway, main features of such
> tool should be:
>     - to allow easy translation of content (plain simple editing of
> markdown documents)
>     - to allow easy translation of language files (Middleman uses YAML,
> which doesn't require much technical knowledge to edit)
>     - to notify translators of changes in content of "main" language
> (English?)
>
> I don't know if any of such tools exists, although I believe there is a
> plenty of them. If someone knows of a such software packet, please let me
> know.
>
> +1 for Middleman blogging support
>
> Best regards,
> Simeun
>

> On 1/7/2014 9:21 PM, Frithjof wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 9:04 PM, Rey Dhuny <rey at spcshp.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hopefully we can come up with a system for i18n better than WML. Looks
>>> like
>>> we have a couple guys with experience in the group.
>>>
>>> Middleman does localisation out the box:
>>> http://middlemanapp.com/advanced/localization/
>>>
>>>  I think the real problem here is not 'having a backend that can handle
>> multiple languages',
>> but 'how can one store and edit translations in such a way, that
>>
>> * translation teams are informed about obsoleted parts of their pages, and
>> * people with little knowledge about web development can edit the
>> translations.
>>
>> --Frithjof
>> .

reyhan.org