[Tor www-team] IRC channel for www-team

Sam E. Lawrence selbrit at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 18:13:52 UTC 2014

Github pages is fantastic for hosting small, static projects for free.
While Github might be a great place to host source code and collaborate,
Github Pages is not a good solution (in my opinion) for hosting the
public-facing pages. For one, Github has the right to enforce traffic
limits<http://www.quora.com/GitHub/What-are-bandwidth-and-traffic-limits-for-GitHub-pages>,
as the hosting is free; and Tor has the assets to host this on independent
infrastructure.

It's also an issue of control and trust. Github as a company is probably
very friendly to Tor, but it's too big and too public to trust as the
canonical source for hosting software of this importance.

For anyone interested, though, Github Pages really are excellent for
hosting small sites with ease. I use it for all my little side projects.